Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Patrick's Paragraphs -- Coming Home

So much is going on these days that my head is spinning. I have just returned from a great trip to visit with the Teixeira family in Brazil and in the next three months I have two more international trips planned. In addition to all the great things going on with the ministry we are nearing completion of the renovations to our new home in Jackson.
There is such a great story of how we have come to possess our new home. God certainly provided everything that we felt we needed to care for our family and ministry of hospitality, and He has done so much more. We have so many people to thank, and there simply is no way that we could repay everyone who has helped us. I will try to update the blog at www.universal-design-home.blogspot.com once we have moved in.
As we prepare to move our family I am reminded of all the families that we serve in Ethiopia. I have been humbled to hear my Ethiopian brothers and sisters petition God with tears as they have asked Him to provide this home for us. Yet for all the joy we have about God’s provision we know that this is not really our home.
For all the joy we have about the blessing of a house I am sure that it pales in comparison to the joy that awaits us when we are all together with Jesus Himself. I believe we will really be home only then.

No comments: